Monday 7 January 2008

And the Boilerman called

Friday 4th Jan – I worked from home today so that someone would be in when the Heating Engineer called from British Gas. Mid-morning I got a phone call, it was the Engineer saying that he was just setting out from his previous job and would be with me in about 20 minutes, and he was. I’d moved all the junk from the back of the garage so that he could get to it. He enters all the relevant details into his laptop, connects it to the boiler, hits a couple of keys and then asks me “where’s the pump?” Two minutes later he announces that the system is now working again, that it needs a new pump and that he can return on Monday to fit it all included in the price I’ve pre-paid.

So, at the moment I’m well impressed. Sue has taken Monday afternoon as flexi-time off from work to be there for when he returns. We’ll see how he performs when he returns.

No comments: