Thursday 10 January 2008

DIY

Something I missed from the Christmas - New Year posts was my bit of DIY. I used to do quite a bit but I don't do so much these days, mainly because I don't have the time and also because it's often more convenient to "get a little man in".

Anyway, in cleaning up the house for the Christmas visitors I noticed that the bathroom used by the boys (at the top of the stairs) was a bit tatty and the wallpaper was starting to peel off, so I told Sue that if she got most of it off I'd finish the removal, do the prep work and paint it any colour paint that she got so long as it was blue and went with the existing tile scheme.

In short, one day stripping and preping, one day laying on several coats of paint. All the fixtures and fittings were carefully removed, cleaned up and refitted. All that remains is to find a new roller blind and put that up and the jobs done. Believe me, when I say that's a quick turn around, then for me it is.

No comments: