Monday 14 January 2008

A minor mishap

Now I’m not the best plumber in the world, so knowing my limitations I try and keep to the small, simple jobs in the belief that I can’t cock those up. Wrong!

Over the Christmas – New Year break I had to unblock the waste pipe to the sink in our en-suite – simple enough, surely? Except that I somehow managed to fail to reconnect the pipe correctly and left a hidden joint only partially connected. This was discovered after spotting a stain forming on the lounge ceiling on Saturday (12th January) a fortnight later

So Saturday evening I re-did the job, leaving just one join (part of the U bend) untouched as it looked OK. Sunday morning I checked for leaks only to find that the one connection I’d not had apart and redone was leaking (the rest were fine). Lesson learned, now I just have to get the decorator back in to do the lounge ceiling.

No comments: