Thursday 4 September 2008

Another day, another interview

Today it was a trip down the A38, A461, A34 to Walsall. Nice location, nice people, good interview – by which I mean that I felt it went well. The saying goes “practice makes perfect” – well today may not have been perfect but it was certainly one of my better (if not, best) interviews. But, there’s always a but! I was candidate #2. They will be interviewing 2 more tomorrow, then 2 more early next week. Then they will make a decision on who to call back for the 2nd round interview and I should know either way on Friday , that’s Friday next week! But 2nd round interviews can’t be held next week, or the week after because those that will be doing the interviewing are away on leave for these 2 weeks.

In the meantime I keep chasing other possibilities looking for that elusive job offer. I’ve extended my search beyond the original 50 mile radius from Derby, so that I’m now at 65 miles (that’ll mean a 130 miles round trip daily commute) with prospective jobs under scrutiny now in Wolverhampton, Dudley and Northampton. Depressed, no – not really. Despondent, yes, just a bit. I really want to cut down on the time I spend travelling to a place of work – Gordon Brown and Alistaire Darling keep bumping up the costs and in this day and age, when working in the IT industry, all this travel shouldn’t be necessary.

Perhaps it’s time for a complete change? After all, all I want is a job!

No comments: