Saturday 27 September 2008

Smile – but a ride away

Back tracking a bit here, but Friday was my sign-on day at the Wardwick Job Seeker Plus office. My regular handler is the lovely Lauren and she was there waiting (as just about all her colleagues appeared to be, many of them doing their hair, make-up, etc…). As usual she called me straight through, and we went through the now familiar routine. My 10 minutes are quickly over and I’m off back home and spend the rest of the day searching for jobs, without much luck.

So back to today, and after a week of lows, and no good news in any measure, this afternoon I found myself with a couple of hours “free time”. Out with the bike and off for a short ride to blow away the cobwebs. Only out for an hour but the smile is back on my face and I’m feeling human again. The bike has given me back my soul. The car may have to be sold, but whatever happens the bike stays – it does something that a car can never do.

No comments: