Tuesday 30 September 2008

Fifty something and unemployed

There are times when I get so BORED with job hunting that I go off into lateral lines of though. And this happened to me the other day and I found myself on Google entering “Fifty something and unemployed” and then thought I’d share some of the gems with you here on my blog.

First up was Advice to the recently unemployed fifty something worker Published in May 2007 (an American to boot) it reflects the predicament that I and many more like me face. And the message is clear - we don't need all the materialistic trappings of life, so lets just simplify things a bit and declutter. Now is the perfect opportunity to do so.

Next up was Unemployment is a full-time job I can identify with that sentiment. This piece isn't particularly well written, but, it is written from the heart.

Albert Ellis is Chief Executive Office of Harvey Nash, the global professional recruitment and IT Outsourcing consultancy. Here’s what he had to say on the subject of Recruitment and the global slow down on the July 15, 2008. I wonder what he’d write now?

Then I found this article. It’s one year old but still relevant – Serious career changes during middle-age. Has anyone ever done it? Could I do it? More importantly, should I do it? I keep thinking about it, is now the time to do it?

No comments: