Monday 29 December 2008

Missed ride-out

Through my involvement with the UK Deauville Owners ( see DeauvilleUK.org I was looking forward to a ride out on Saturday 27th with some other owners taking in the infamous Snake Pass. This was due to take place over a route that I’d planned, but, after a chat with my old mate Don I was left with a dilemma, to ride and miss a visit by him and Liz, or stay home and see them but miss the ride-out I’d organised. In the end I shot off to the start point at Trowell Services on the M1 for just after 10am and rode the first 5 miles with the guys before peeling off back home while they carried on without me.

Arriving back home around 11am I waited for Don, knowing that they were leaving Stranraer around 10am and heading back for Essex, I figured they’d be with us around 13:00, so when they didn’t show I gave them a call. They were on the A66, which meant that they weren’t coming down the M6/A50 but down the A1 which misses us. Ah well. That’s life and just about sums up 2008 for us. I got some photos of the ride from Allan & Jane, so here they are as an illustration of what I missed out on.

This first one was taken outside Grindleford Café, close by Grindleford railway station…


And this one at The Café in Glosssop, a favourite with bikers visiting the town.


Never mind, there's always 2009, just round the corner....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Do you know anything about Snake wine? Because I found your website on Google when looking for that:
http://www.asiansnakewine.com/

Thanks for help.