Wednesday 3 December 2008

A strange week unfolds

The general consensus I’m getting from talking to recruitment agencies is that over the last couple of weeks there has been a marked drop in the number of vacancies being placed for jobs across all industries, and IT, while performing better than most other industries, is reflecting that downturn.

So I find it just more than a bit surprising that this week (so far) I’ve found ten roles worthy of my time in applying. More surprising still is that I have an interview (1st of 3) lined up for Monday and that after meeting with a recruitment agency yesterday for registration and evaluation, that I may well be called for interview by a company who have already interviewed me once despite the fact that I completely blew it last time out -- and I nearly didn’t bother to make the journey to the agency due to the weather blowing up a snow storm at the time.

I have a good, old fashioned, printed job application form to fill in and return for a job at a local county council after a tip-off from an ex-zeda colleague – thanks Dave. I should have done it today, and would have, except that I found 5 to apply for on-line and the deadline for this printed one is December 12th. So that’s tomorrow’s task.

No comments: