Saturday 27 December 2008

Tuesday night out

Tuesday night out was the annual badminton club Christmas event, this year at The Spot in Derby for the 3rd year running. In short it was a nice venue, with friends, good food and drink, a charade type game and then disco dancing and an enjoyable night out. Until time to go home. We’d booked a taxi, which turned up late and got surrounded by a group who decided they were going to have it, and while I’m talking on my mobile I get thumped 3 times in quick succession by some young thug who decides that they ARE going home in THAT taxi. Taxi goes off round the block, we spot it on the other side of The Spot (where it should have been in the first place) and we dive in and make off.

As I write this the side of my head is still bruised and sore. The taxi driver told us that he recognised the lad, he’s know for fighting when boozed up, and he’s not even local (from over Lincoln way). Still, that aside we had a great night out.

No comments: