Saturday 13 December 2008

What a waste of time

Monday, 2pm, another reception waiting area waiting for another interview. I was early, now he’s late. Just before 2:30 I’m collected and taken through to an inner office and interviewed. Unusually I’m quite relaxed and I feel that it goes well. The interviewer Adam would be my reporting manager and we appear to hit it off so I leave feeling buoyant, but, not getting my hopes up too high. But could this be the time I get a job offer?

In a word – No!

Thursday I get the feedback. The agency has been informed that of the 4 candidates put forward (I was the only one by that agency) that I was the best of the 4 and the one that Adam felt he could have best worked with. However, as a result of the interviews he has decided that a good working knowledge of Sequel Server is now a must have attribute so all 4 candidates have been rejected and the recruitment process starts again. For me it means my ordeal of searching out that one opportunity I need goes on.

No comments: