Wednesday 17 December 2008

Reasons to be cheerful

Monday starts the week very quietly. Out of some 30 email alerts I find only one role where I meet the essential criteria, so I apply on-line. Then I start phoning the agency contacts for the roles I applied for last week. Nobody is available (probably out to office parties) and I give up trying and put some gloss paint on the door frames in the hall.

Tuesday morning is a morning of nothing but negative news. I’m either not being put forward for roles, or, I’ve been unsuccessful with my application. Then after lunch all hell breaks loose, and it’s all positive stuff. I end the day with a confirmed interview for registration with a local agency after applying on-line for a role in Nottingham through another of their offices. Also confirmed, a first round interview in Burton on Trent for a job there with a Manchester based agency. On top of that I have a provisional booking for a telephone interview booked via a Leeds based agency for a role in Sheffield. All told I speak to 7 agencies through the afternoon and apply for or get put forward for 4 positions.

Wednesday morning, and I attend the registration interview in Derby, and get the promise of being submitted for 2 positions (one that I’d originally applied for and one I hadn’t). Through the afternoon I trawl through around 30 email alerts and apply on-line for a further 4 roles. This week is proving to be the opposite to what I’d expected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Hopefully 2009 will prove better than 2008 for you!