Saturday 19 July 2008

Dad is back home

After a week in the Helen Ley Centre father is back home safe and sound and appears to have enjoyed the break. Mum needed the break more than dad did, and it took until Thursday for her to feel any benefit of his not being there, but, he's back and things are quickly returning to normal. I went down for mid-day in anticipation of turning up at about the same time as the ambulance to lend some muscle to the ambulance crew, and get him indoors, and, I later went down at 19:45 to see how they were but mum's home helpers from Care UK were there so I didn't stop, no need for me to hang around when they are on hand to put him to bed.

I think one of the things dad enjoyed was the actual trips to and from Leamington Spa because even though he was laid out on a streatcher he could see out of the vehicle and he's not been able to do that for over 2 years now.

No comments: