Tuesday 15 July 2008

Monday, Monday

"Monday, Monday, so good to me..." for those of you old enough to remember, those are the words of a song from the 60's group the Mamas and the Papas. It rang true yesterday though...

My first Monday (this time around) spent searching for a job, and it turned out to be a good one. Last week I put my updated CV onto a number of job sites so Monday morning saw a fair barrage of emails from searches I’d set up. The day saw me applying for 5 jobs in the Midlands area before heading off to the Normanton Road Job Centre Plus office to arrive in time for my appointment which, because it’s my first visit for this claim is actually 2 appointments. Anyway, for my troubles I have committed to applying for at least 3 jobs a week, logging on to their website or visiting their office (to use their computers) at least once a week and signing on at The Wardwick Job Centre Plus office once a fortnight. Wow!

The trip to and from the Job Centre Plus office came close to being the highlight of the day as I used the motorbike – only 5 miles each way but boy, does it put a smile on my face! I just love riding that bike of mine. On returning home I updated my profile on 2 more web sites so that now I have up-to-date details and CV on Monster Jobs, CW Jobs, Planet Recruit, Jobserve, Jobsite, Total Jobs and the IT Job Board (and I’ve still a few more to visit this time around).

The day ended with a phone call to say that I’d earned myself a telephone interview for the BA role at Egg in Derby, to be held… wait for it…. At 10am on Monday 28th July! No hurry there then. Joking and sarcasm aside, it was just the tonic to end the day on a high note.

Apart from job hunting, what else happened yesterday? I took a trip to the local DIY centre and bought a cat flap to replace the one I broke Sunday night, returned and fitted it. I did two machine loads of washing, had a visit from mother while she was out walking the dog, and I cooked spaghetti bolognese for the family dinner. Somewhere in there I found time to post on this blog and visit the Deauville Owners forum and read/post on there. Mark’s girlfriend Eleanor turned up late evening with a bunch of flowers for Suzie and a bottle of Chardonnay for me as a thank you for taking her with us to holiday in Lanzarote -- quite unnecessary but much appreciated.

No comments: