Saturday 22 November 2008

Economic slow down

We hear the phrase but what does it mean to you and me. Well I can’t answer for you, but for me it means that since Monday I haven’t seen a new email alert for a Business Analyst. And if they aren’t advertised then to who should I apply? Fortunately, I had an interview set up on Monday for Friday afternoon so I focused on that all week, doing loads of research. While I was doing that the media was AGAIN talking up the recession that descended upon us while the politicians of the world slept or partied. So I went into this interview as well prepared as I have for any I’ve attended. How did it go? I think it went well, but, then so have a number before it and I’ve not managed to get a job offer yet, so will this time be any different? Who knows?

So when there are no new jobs advertised what can one do? Scan for other sites, the small local ones, possibly those attached to local newspapers and see if there is anything there. Visit the Local Authority web sites and scan them for job opportunities. Then when you run out of ideas, find something else to occupy your time, in my case I decided to shampoo the carpet in the main bathroom on Thursday, the only other thing that day was notable for was that since I was made unemployed it was the first day when I didn’t apply for a single job or talk to a job agency contact about a potential job.

No comments: