Wednesday 12 November 2008

Sunny & Dry

Yesterday I remembered a generation that dies, and in doing so I became depressed thinking about both my current situation and the current state of the UK, which is at best dire.

In an attempt to lift my spirits (and partly to get away from the constant and incessant media focus on BAD news) I again accepted an invite to get out on the bike with Phil & Dave.

This time we went off into the Peak District of Derbyshire for a meander to sites both new and familiar, changing routes and destinations on a whim and making time for obligatory tea and photo breaks. Arrived back home with enough time to spare before cooking dinner to give the bike a quick wash down.

Next task (on the bike) is to do an oil and oil filter change as it’s just clocked up 20,000 miles and I like to change the oil every 4,000 miles, it’s a cheap insurance policy for engine performance. That will have to wait a day or two as tomorow morning Andy & I are picking Christine up at Manchester Airport for her flying visit to see Mum & Dad ( and the rest of us). I just hope she's strong enough to stomach how bad Dad now is.

No comments: