Sunday 30 November 2008

Keeping up appearances

From the middle of last week I have been full of cold complete with sore throat, runny nose and sneezing, but today it’s broken and I’m back to my normal grumpy self. The combination of my imperfect health and my failure to get a single job offer despite my persistent job hunting has lead me to find something else to focus some of my time and efforts on…

So, I’ve decided to spend more time doing some DIY around the house. I have started with stripping the wallpaper off the walls in the hall and filling the (few) holes that are the result of nearly 20 years wear and tear. I’ve found gaps round the external window and door frames and have started the task of filling them with expanding foam and silicon sealant. I’ve made a start to putting paint onto ceiling and walls (as a base coat) leaving the skirting, inner door frames and (eventually) the doors for later glossing.

I won’t claim to be a DIY expert or to enjoy doing it, but, it does occupy my mind hopefully I won’t need the help of the DIY SOS team to get it finished -- after all, I’ve plenty of time on my hands right now and it did/does need doing.

You may also have noticed that I’ve eventually got round to putting a photo of myself here on the blog. Additionally, you will find some changes to the references and links in the sidebar, and there are more to come over the next week or two.

No comments: