Thursday 9 October 2008

Are things looking up?

This week has been a bit of a mixed bag. Yesterday I received an email saying that I wasn't successful in my application for a BA role with Barclaycard in Northampton, but, that I'd interviewed well and would be borne in mind for future roles. The role went to someone with a more technical background and web specific experience - which is what I was expecting, so again I'm a close 2nd.

I had a telephone interview for a BA role in Dudley yesterday, and have been selected for the next round of interviews, up against 2 or 3 other candidates. The locationisn't as close to home as I'd like but the role sounds right up my street - can't have everything I suppose. Good news is that a number of the guys working there ride motorbikes and usng mine to commute wouldn't be an issue (it is with some employers).

Also yesterday, I got confirmation of 2ns interview for a BA role in Burton on Trent. Again, the role sounds right up my street, but, this time it's just 20 minutes down the road. Unfortunately, the interview isn't until the 21st October which means another 2 weeks waiting.

So more positive / good news than bad, but still not landed that all important job.

No comments: