Sunday 26 October 2008

Flying visit

Had a phone call at 23:30 on Friday night. My sister Christine calling me from her home in Georgia, USA. She's just got home from work and is ringing to advise me that she's wanting to come over and see Mum & Dad, and is planning on doing so around the 12th November. She rings again on Sunday (at a much more reasonable time of day) to confirm she's coming over on the 13th and returning on the 18th.

It will be good to see her but I hope she is prepared for seeing Dad in his current condition and for being jet lagged for most of her visit. We will make sure that one of us it there to pick her up when she lands in Manchester and get her back there in time for her plane home.

In the meantime John is coming up on a flying visit this Tuesday, bringing Angie with him. I hope I get to spend some time with them but I have an interview at Citibank that morning. Right now I think we need a good big dose of good luck all round.

No comments: