Friday 31 October 2008

Friday

I start the day with a load of email alerts, from which I find 3 jobs that I could do so I apply. Then I get an email from Krissie. I’ve known Krissie since we were 16/17 years old (she is a few months older than me) but she now lives in Adelaide, Australia. It’s been a long time since she sent me a news letter (especially of this length) that it makes my day, and yes, I will get round to replying very soon.

Then I start to get some phone calls, initially positive and responses to 2 of my earlier applications. One is verifying my availability for an assessment day, and the other checking my skill set before putting my CV forward to their client.

I take a break and ride into town and meet Suzie for a pub lunch (she treats me) and when we part I do a bit of grocery shopping in readiness for the evening’s meal. I call in on first my mum, then Suzie’s, dropping off some “No Trick or Treat” posters before heading home.

Then I get a call about an interview that’s planned for Monday week -- it’s been cancelled, the job has gone on hold until January 2009. It’s the end of the week, and there’s little more I can do, so I finish on a downer. When Suzie and her friend Anne come in I’m a grumpy old man. I can’t help it. I don’t mean to be, but I am.

I’ve done dinner, we sit down and enjoy the meal but I need to calm down. The girls go out to watch an AmDram performance and I’m left to my own devices so I do a bit of ironing and then I sit down to write this as I intermittently watch TV. Today was Friday.

No comments: