Sunday 12 October 2008

Mixed blessings

Yesterday I met up with some fellow Deauvilliers for an afternoon of “biker chat”. Steve and I met up at Donington Services just off the M1 at J24a, took the A453 to Ashby de la Zouch where we joined the A42/M42 down to J9 and then off on the A446/A452 southbound to Solihull. The Bulls Head, Baston Lane, Solihull was the pre-arranged meeting place where we met up with Murray and Benedict. Sat out in the garden in the sun, enjoying a glass or two of the finest, washing down a sarnie and all the time discussing biker topics including trips to and across Europe, places to visit in Czechoslovakia (the venue for DmD 2009) and other such topics, interrupted only by the braying of the resident donkey.

However, the was to be a fly in the ointment, one to take the shine off the day, which was that on returning to the bike it had a flat rear tyre. Fortunately I carry a small air compressor under the seat/tail hump so was able to re-inflate and ride home, but, it stands in the garage now awaiting a permanent solution tomorrow – hopefully a repair can be affected as the hole is very small and right near the centre line of the tyre. But I could have done without it....

Sometimes I feel that if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all, and it looks as if 2008 is going to go down in my personal history as THE year to forget.

No comments: