Wednesday 22 October 2008

Isn’t it ironic?

Today I had my JSA review. At 11:00 I had to meet Vic at the Wardwick Job Centre Plus office. The objective was to review the efforts I had or hadn’t made to find work as my part of the “contract” under which they pay you/me £60.50 per week for trying to secure employment.

Now quite understandably (I think) I was felling a bit down. No, that’s not true, I was feeling really low. I got up this morning knowing I had to attend a review that (in the eyes of the DoE) marked 3 months since Trinity told me I was surplus to requirements. So you can imagine my reaction to 2 different agencies contacting me today saying that there is a role going at Windsor Life in Telford for a “traditional Business Analyst to liaise on infrastructure and software upgrades between Windsor Life and their IT management company" – Trinity!

Anyway, after making suitable notes in my day book I put that to one side and set off to The Wardwick. Boy, am I glad I still have my motorbike. I was still feeling down but at least I had a smile on my face from the brief 4 mile ride into the city. Parked up in my usual spot (free parking for bikes, great!) and walked round the corner with just minutes to spare. It was all a bit of an anti-climax really. Vic was a lot happier about the situation than I was/am. As far as he’s concerned I’m doing far more than most of the “people” that he sees, I’ve had two 2nd round interviews in the past week and I’m waiting to hear the results (but not optimistic) and I have another interview lined up at Citibank for next Tuesday. Plus, 2 roles that I’d applied for and got nowhere haven’t been able to recruit so they are now wanting to see me and I should get interviews at both inside the next week. And there’s Windsor Life – do I? Don’t I? Can I afford not to? I just hope that one of the other roles turn up trumps. And the only tune I can hear right now contains those words… “Isn’t it ironic?”

No comments: