Tuesday 28 October 2008

Bad news day

Checked out all the email job alerts that came in over the weekend and through the day and nothing! Not one job advertised that I could honestly apply for. Eventually, I find an “Interim Payroll Manager” role on a local job site so I apply on-line. Then I get a call from Allan to say that I didn’t get the Business Analysis role I’d been twice interviewed for at Rentokil in Dudley. I really liked the sound of the job, the Ts&Cs weren’t the best, and the commute would have been horrendous but I would have given it a damn good shot. But it’s not to be. Feedback was all good, but they have decided to go round the block again (i.e. nobody got a job offer). I just don’t understand what prospective employers mean when they describe a job as needing immediate recruitment, must be able to start straight away, and then they reject ALL candidates. Keeps them in a job I suppose!

No comments: