Friday 22 February 2008

3 weeks on...

A lot has happened in the last 3 weeks. After lodging my CV with a number of web sites it is looking as if monster is the one most widely used as this is where most of my contacts / approaches from recruitment agencies are coming from. Still getting calls at the rate of 2 a day, though many are for the same role.

As a result of a direct approach following a tip off from Trevor I got my CV into Coda in Nottingham and had an interview there this week. It went very well from my view point but the role of Bespoke Business Analyst isn’t what I’m looking for (1/3rd BA, 1/3rd PM, 1/3rd Sales).

I’m settling into Trinity (too easily some might say) as although it’s a PM role, the ink hasn’t yet hit the contract I’ve been taken on for so again I’m on the bench. Facilities are good, people very friendly, the only down side is that the daily commute is 54 miles each way, heavy and unpredictable traffic congestion at times and the journey can take from just over an hour to two and a half (getting home on Monday night). The two main routes are M1/M69 or A42/M42/A45 – and neither is good.

News of others that I’ve heard:-
* Catherine has landed a position (with Atos I think)
• Viv didn’t get selected for the job in Chesterfield
• Elizabeth has been told by Homebase that she’ll not be extended after the end of the month
• Mike (hobby bobby) has got into Home Retail Group via Modis
• Alec has been selected for interview by Trinity on Monday

In the meantime I have a phone interview lined up for one day next week.

No comments: