Sunday 3 February 2008

The Weekend

Virtually all my working life I’ve worked Monday – Friday and enjoyed the weekend. This one is going to be no different and I’m not changing things just because I don’t have a job to go to on Monday morning. So sticking with the normal routine it was a day that started with changing the bed sheets, then washing, tumbling and ironing them, clothes and stuff - household chores, mundane but necessary. Suzie & Mark did the weekly shop in the morning and I ran her into town for a hair appointment in the afternoon.

Andy was at work in the morning and when he came home I got him to ring round some of his mates in the car trade. Basically the car has got to go as I can’t service the loan repayments without money coming in. First step - I’ve asked for a valuation. Once I have that I’ll see what’s the best way to sell. I don’t really want to use eBay, but will if it’s the best option.

Saturday night and Dave picked us up, and Fred, and then drove us round to TenPin for a couple of games. Lane 26, right on the end, out of the way and no passing traffic to distract us. Barry & Wendy turned up as arranged and the 6 of us had two leisurely games. Barry top scored with 148 in the first game, and I top scored the second with 161. A few drinks and good company made for a really enjoyable night out -- Thanks All!

Since posting the news on this Blog is my way of keeping in touch with friends and family it came as no surprise that my brother and sisters have to rung make sure I’m OK. Short of it is... I am. Life goes on and tomorrow being Monday will see me following my “Plan of Action”, which is basically a To Do list. Plus I’m going to be keeping a log of what I’ve done, who I’ve approached and responses received to keep the Government minders happy. I really can’t see the attraction of living off the social that so may inhabitants of this country seem to crave. I haven’t made my claim yet and the novelty has already worn off. How do those people think? How do they live? I really, truly do not understand.

Finally for tonight, I've been really encouraged by the contacts I've received. Not just those in the same boat as my now as a result of last week's events, but also, from those I've worked with in the past, who have moved on (mostly upwards) since leaving the Ancaster Group. To all of them, to all of you guys and gals, it was a pleasure to work with you then and it's a priviledge to know you now.

No comments: