Wednesday 6 February 2008

Red Day +3 & +4

So what happened…. Well basically I woke up on Tuesday feeling a bit depressed with it all, so I buried myself in job hunting at 8am and went straight through to 4pm. Stopped to cook dinner, took a break, went and played badminton and after showering I went to bed knackered out. It had been a good day though – I’ve an interview lined up for Thursday and I’d got just about all the evidence they asked for ready for my Job Seekers interview.

Wednesday - Job Seekers interview day. I turn up early, the first contact {Karline) sees me early, proceeds to say that we don’t need most of this data and re-does the statement which I then sign. Part way through this process Viv taps me on the shoulder on her way out. I then have to wait to see contact #2. This is Ester (she’s just processed Viv) so we run through all the stuff they have on their system about me, confirming my details, and then we determine what sort of work I’m looking for – and they don’t have Business Analyst, Project Manager or Payroll Manager on their main categories. BA and PM are both sub-categories and Payroll Manager doesn’t come up at all. It’s a clumsy system so it’s no wonder that those that don’t want to work end up skiving off, the system appears to make it easy.

I’d gone to the JS interview on my motorbike, parked it right by the door, so when I came out I went off and met up with Mike “Hobby Bobby” and the pair of us went for a ride up from Nottingham, round Mansfield, to CMC at Calow Top, before dropping down into Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Ilkeston and home. It was a great day for a ride, though a bit cool but I needed that and like I texted to Mike when I got home, if more people rode motorbikes there would be fewer druggies on the streets.

Tomorrow night I’ll post how I got on in Hitchin and news on other people as well (if they tell me).

Oh, nearly forgot, you might like to see this in the Nottingham Post

No comments: