Tuesday 12 February 2008

Red Day – My 2nd Monday

I woke up expecting a busy day – and that’s what I got. With Mark on board II set off to pick up Susan from Denby who can’t drive following her operation. Having picked her up we then dropped Mark off at University (I forgot to mention earlier that he’s on course for a First following the results of his post-Christmas examinations where he scored 70% & 80%).

Then we went to the Jumar Job Fair at the Holiday Inn. In one way it was good to see so many former colleagues, but, I’d rather we were all still working. We were greeted by Becky who said that around a dozen ex-zeda staff were expected, well they must have been surprised as when I left there was around 20 present and we me another 3 going in as we walked to the car. I hope it was a success fot most people, although when I spoke to Viv later she was really down as they’d told her that they didn’t expect to have anything for her.

After dropping Susan back in Denby I went home and got into my emails and job searching. What an afternoon. I chased up 2 agencies for progress reports, then had a further 5 agencies ring me. Caroline from Trinity left a voice mail message to confirm that details of the job offer would be in the post that night and I was expected at The Oaks on Monday morning. I phoned Legal & General, left a voice mail message and got a call back. After explaining my situation I was advised that if I get the liquidator to complete the claim for now, I should then hang onto it and submit it if the Trinity job doesn’t work out.

I eventually got off the computer around 16:40 – just in time to cook dinner.

2 comments:

jlwarlow said...

Excellent news! Hope it works out!

Anonymous said...

Nice one Phil. I hope everyone gets this kind of luck! Can you not claim time in lieu if you are working then. I understand you cannot claim the Govt part but the contracted - Zeda - part should still apply surely?!