Monday 4 February 2008

Red Day +2

So what of today? First I spoke to Dan Ayscough, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Computer People:-
Tel: +44 (0)113 2186854
Fax: +44 (0)113 2434528
Mob: 07715104542
To email Dan click here
Springfield House, 76 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 2AY
ComputerPeople ...and... Dan at ComputerPeople

After a good long chat I now have to wait to see if he has anything suitable. So with that under my belt it was time to get onto my mortgage protection provider and find out where I stand – quite well as it happens, so at least the mortgage will get paid for the next 12 months at least. Not loosing the roof over my head just yet.

Next up was following a lead from Susan in Denby, Jumar-Solutions. Went on their web site and applied for 3 positions and submitted my CV. About an hour later I got a call from Becky Goodfellow and it turns out that their web site only went live today and I’m the first person to use it to submit my CV. Details are:-
Jumar Solutions Limited, Jumar House, Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Solihull, B37 7HG
Tel: +44 121 788 4550
Fax: +44 121 788 4551
Mobile: +44 7825 080048
Jumar-Solutions

Becky and her colleagues are looking to do a “Job Fair” just for ex-Zeda employees on the morning of Monday 11th Feb. Any ex-Zeda people interested then email me or Becky.

After that it was a quick hit on a couple of recruitment web sites for 3 or 4 jobs, reply to emails from former colleagues and update the contact list. A phone call from Carol would have ended the day, but for a trip to see Viv and a brief progress chat. Back home for 20:30 and a glass of cider with Fred. Good night all, that’s it, I’m done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing well Phil! Has anyone heard from Derek? Noticed he isnt on the contact sheet? Just a thought, is anyone going to claim their 4 weeks in lieu pay on 14 Feb? Im due > £100 in expenses (I consider myself one of the lucky ones) and WANT/NEED my 4 weeks pay while things settle down. The £300/week the government are offering wont cover my mortgage for crissake! Anyone thought of presenting that at the creditors meeting along with their other dues?

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.