Wednesday 27 February 2008

Redundancy payments

Today I had an email from AndyB saying that he’s received an acknowledgement of his redundancy claim AND a payment from the Birmingham Redundancy Payments Office. So with fingers crossed I checked my bank account – no joy there. So I phoned EWS because I’ve not had any form of acknowledgement. The response was that my claim has gone off to the Birmingham RPO, for redundancy, holiday days and in-lieu of notice payments. Their view was that the Birmingham RPO can be a bit “hap hazard”. Also suggested that Cooper alphabetically follows Bell.

I’ve not had a job seekers payment yet either, but, have been reimbursed the travel expenses to Hitchin for the Trinity interview. Andy wasn’t told he could claim travel to Interview and the whole thing appears to be a bit hit & miss.

For your information:-

  • ALL EWS/zeda claims are being handled by the Birmingham Redundancy Payments Office – that’s what EWS told me


  • They will only pay the days unemployed, but as I’ve returned to work I submitted my claim (in a letter format) for the period 1/2/08 – 17/2/08 stating that I would be receiving (but hadn’t yet received) Job Seekers Allowance for that period.


  • If you are on JSA and have to travel to an interview then you can claim travel on the TIS (Travel to Interview Scheme). This works only if you tell them IN ADVANCE that you are travelling to an interview. They record the details on their system and give you a claim form, which you then submit for payment. They pay the cheapest possible cost to travel. In my case they paid 205 miles at 25p per mile coz train was over £100 and bus travel wasn’t an option.



It would be interesting to hear if anybody else has been made a payment, and if they have, what it covered.

UPDATE 15:25 27/2/2008

Viv & Simon have received payouts and Stuart informs me that a number working in Milton Keynes have received payments, so the order would appear random.

UPDATE 19:40 27/2/2008

I've received the acknowledgement slip that they have received my claim. It came in today's post so if they are true to form then I should get my payment by the weekend.

No comments: