Wednesday 13 February 2008

Busy Tuesday & Lazy Wednesday

Tuesday morning I was up bright and early, and straight onto the job sites – refining “my profile” and “search criteria”. I then did a number of on-line searches and hit a few job possibilities with my CV and a covering note. Eventually took a break for a cuppa at 12:20, which was just as well because around 1pm the phones started ringing (land line and mobile) and by the time I’d finished at 16:50 a further 5 different contacts had been established and an equal number of job opportunities had been identified and promises that applications were being sent.

One thing that stands out is the inconsistency of these recruitment agencies – almost in equal measure they either praise or damn my CV. Some say that they’ve rarely had as much detail as I’ve provided, while others say that I need to expand on what I’ve done by adding the original targets/goals, methods used and results. You just can’t please all of the people all of the time!

Anyway – after such a hectic day yesterday I decided that today I was taking a day off from all the Job Seeking thing, after all, I do have a job to go to on Monday at Trinity. So with my mother being on a respite day from caring for father, we got the dog and took a drive down to Coventry to find the offices of my new employer. Somehow I took a wrong turning that saw me the wrong side of some roadworks and with a long trek in store to get back to where we should have been I took the decision to buzz off down to Stratford Upon Avon and show mum the NFU Mutual offices where I’d worked just over a year ago (from the outside of course). We then found a lovely pub on the A3400 where we had lunch before finishing our cross country drive back home to dad.

Tomorrow is signing on day. That should be interesting!

No comments: