Thursday 14 February 2008

Rumours & Comments

Amid rumours that the proprietor of Zeda, John Mills, is not happy with some of the comments posted in response to the article on ThisIsNottingham and is going to use private investigators to track the culprits, one of my colleagues has succinctly summed it up thus….

If this story is true (I somehow doubt it), does Mr Mills expect everyone to passively and benignly receive their redundancy without notice, redundancy pay, or even payment in lieu? Is he bankrupt now? And does he think that the Great Unwashed doesn't have a right to be angry and cynical at the way in which this whole thing was conducted?

I've read the comments and I put one in of my own. I didn't write anything defamatory, crude or libellous, but I passed on my observation of the Zeda culture (for want of a better word). I'm not ashamed at what I wrote - or the attitude in which I wrote it. The only people who would disagree would be the establishment.. if they don't like it - well, tough. It's a free country. If you dish out brickbats, you should be man enough to take them as well!

The one thing that made Zeda tolerable was the majority of decent human beings I had the privilege to get to know and work with for 11 years - certainly not the image-obsessed, nit-picking corporate crap we had to put up with.


To be honest, I couldn’t have put it better myself… But, should Mr Mills or anybody employed by him to investigate these things be reading this Blogg, then to them I say -- You mistake me for someone that cares!

UPDATE at 15:45 14/2/2008

The link above now takes you to the comments that were posted by ex-zeda employees but the original article has been removed. A similar press release story can now be found here at ThisIsNottingham . Strange that - I thought that no publicity was bad publicity, perhaps that's not always the case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look like This is Nottingham has deleted the original post, a quick search for Zeda no longer returns the article with the 26+ comments :-(