Monday 18 February 2008

A brief update

Had my first day at Trinity today. All went well except for the travelling, 1hr 50 this morning and 2hr 30 back tonight and it's only 54 miles each way. I hope that’s not going to be the norm for that trip.

The job they’ve given me is a Project Manager role, with my first contract being (probably) Scarborough Building Society which is where Sarah S went contracting, so could be fun (V-twin bikers together). The good news is that I’m not expected to be on site every day, and that I can work from home should I want to. New laptop ordered and on it’s way, hopefully by the end of the week. I can have any software I like, and I’ll get a Blackberry in a couple of weeks time.

Obviously there’s a lot of getting to know the ropes and the like this week but I’ve already had a 1:1 with my boss Rob. We have loads in common, including our age and cynicism – should make an unbeatable team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it's going well. Hope it works out for you!