Tuesday 26 February 2008

Celebrating 6 months of Blogging

Well, I should have been, on the 18th to be precise, but starting the new job at Trinity was more significant has proved to be too great a distraction as I attempted to settle in and juggle the calls coming in from agencies with prospects of alternative employment.

I set up the blog for 2 reasons; firstly as a way of spreading news to friends and family without filling email in-trays allowing them to browse my news at their leisure, and secondly, as a platform from which to rant & rave at the world at large knowing that largely it will be either ignored or go un-noticed.

It has worked far better than I could have imagined, and with spectacular success when viewed in the light of the events at zeda on 31st January. It was first with the news, and being hosted on Google it automatically got a top return when people googled for zeda and redundant or liquidation which resulted in 2 requests for information from the media and some other interesting conversations and emails. It then became a window on the world for those made redundant on that day and a medium for sharing experiences and opportunities. I know it has readers across the UK, in the USA, Australia and New Zealand; anywhere else I wonder? All comments received to date have been positive and encouraging so it is my view that the best way to celebrate the past is to commit to the future! Rest assured, there will be more....

No comments: