Sunday 10 February 2008

Friday was "Good News Day"

Late on Friday I had a phone call to inform me that following my interview on Thursday the company (Trinity Expert Systems Ltd) are going to offer me a 3 month short term contract in order that both they and I can find out if we can work together. If everything works out fine then at the end of the 3 month period, a permanent role will be offered and the usual 3 month probation period will be waived as I will be deemed to have served it.

So Monday 18th should see me start with TESL. That means I’ll only have spent 2 weeks on Job Seekers Allowance and hopefully the redundancy payout will be through in 5-6 weeks time to top up the bank account.

Caroline went on to say that Trinity Expert Systems Ltd www.tesl.com have reviewed the contact list that I'd sent her earlier in the day. My understanding is that it is TESL's intentions to tackle the sudden offering of skilled staff presented to them by the demise of zeda in two groups, Sales Staff and non-Sales staff.

Sales staff:-
Details of ex-zeda sales personnel will be passed to the TESL Sales Director for him to process - easy enough for him to accommodate as there aren't that many of you, and he/his staff will contact you directly to make arrangements for interviews, etc...

non-Sales staff:-
ALL non-Sales staff will be contacted by TESL and offered a 3 month fixed contract based on their zeda salary. This is to give both sides the time to work out whether a long term contract is suitable to both parties (i.e. time to get to know each other). Normal TESL contracts contain a 3 month probationary period. If at the end of the 3 month fixed term contract a permanent role is offered, the fixed term contract will be deemed to have been the probationary period.

Hopefully this is good news for those like me that have not been taken on by former zeda clients or found alternative employment. I don’t have any further details, such as where we’d be expected to work from, travel arrangements, etc… but I’m sure these can quickly be worked out. Personally, I’d rather take a punt at an opening like this than sit around on Job Seekers Allowance.

Anyway, tomorrow (Monday) morning I'm off to a Jobs Fair being held by Jumar-Solutions for ex-zeda staff to see what they have to offer. Never know, they might turn up something better (like a lottery win?).

No comments: